Power Performance Decoder
Forget about conventional FTP & Power Testing
Power output might be the single most important metric during a training ride, however it doesn’t tell you what to train to increase your power. The power that an athlete produces is composed of several physiological factors. Conventional and simple two-dimension “power versus duration” models (Monod-Scherer and similar) can’t explain how a power output is composed. Therefore, using those methods, you will never understand your physiological limits and what offers the biggest room for improvement.
With INSCYD you can change this: thanks to a multi-dimensional model that includes all the relevant physiological components of a performance, it becomes possible to read the most crucial metrics from just a series of short and simple maximum efforts.
This is how it works:
- Instruct your athlete to carry out three specific maximum efforts of a duration of 15 seconds, four minutes and 20 minutes.
- Use additional power data from non test-specific data if possible.
- Receive the data from the athlete via a training platform (TrainingPeaks or similar) or via email.
- Use any third-party software to analyze the data (WKO, Golden Cheetah, SRMX).
- Enter the specific power values of those three maximum tests into INSCYD.
- Receive a full physiological performance profile of ALL the metrics that are available in INSCYD (VO2max, VLamax, FatMax, anaerobic threshold, carbohydrate combustion, aerobic and anerobic energy contribution, and more).
The human performance lab you always wanted
With a critical power test, and without visiting a lab, you can obtain a full performance profile of your athlete – and obtain the same result you could only get in the best equipped labs.
More specifically, with the critical power test and through INSCYD you now can:
- Obtain physiological data where it matters: on the road, on the bike, on a track.
- Ensure lab test accuracy: determination of VO2max, VLmax, anaerobic threshold is en par with lab testing!
- Maximize : the use of power meters and power based training.
- Understand how a power output is composed and what has to be done in training to improve it.
- Invest minimal time: unlike lab testing you don’t need to invest more then five minutes to obtain a full performance report of your athlete.
- Increase revenue of your coaching business as you can now offer lab-level testing to any remotely coached athlete anywhere in the world.